Degree: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (for associate level) or equivalent in any relevant field
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open until filled
A Project Officer / Research Associate position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Sing Yian CHEW at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, to a highly motivated candidate who has a passion for assisting and conducting in vivo scaffold implantation studies and tissue engineering research.
The project focuses on understanding the roles of myelination and tissue engineering in in vivo nerve regeneration. See https://personal.ntu.edu.sg/sychew
The candidate will be trained in the respective animal models, although prior experience is a plus.
This position offers a unique opportunity to apply in vivo experimental skills to tissue engineering through strong collaborative efforts with scientists and engineers across different local and overseas academic institutes.
Neuroscience, cellular/molecular biology, or biochemistry.
- Applicants should be proficient in aseptic laboratory practices, in particular surgical techniques.
- Applicants certified through Responsible Care and Use of Laboratory Animals (RCULA) course will have an advantageous edge.
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant research lab experience
- Seeking for self-motivated individual with an inquisitive mind and good analytical skills.
- Be able to work independently, as well as collaborate effectively with a diverse and interdisciplinary team.
We will provide exciting opportunities and vibrant atmospheres, as well as state-of-the-art core facilities. Excited and motivated individuals are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please attach your CV, cover letter and two reference letters to Dr. Sing Yian CHEW: [email protected] at your earliest convenience.
Review of applicants will continue until position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.