Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
We are looking for highly motivated applicants to provide supports for a variety of cell biology, cancer research and bioinformatics projects carried out in the lab. We are also eager to help you to establish a basket of top-notch skills for yourenthusiasm in our research and solid publications for your career development. We have NIH-funded projects on tumorinitiation and metastasis, tumor microenvironment, tumor-immune system interaction focusing on Neurofibromatosis Type I (NF1)-assoicated tumors. These projects will use mouse models and data-driven hypotheses to study mechanisms of tumorigenesis and metastasis and explore novel treatments strategies with the cancer stem cell concept and tools. The candidate will take advantage of essential cell models, mouse models to conduct in vivo and in vitro laboratory experiments, data analysis, experiement desgin and manuscript preparing. Effective communication is expected between the candidate and the lab PI and team members in either one on one settings or in lab meetings.
- Isolate and culture primary neuronal and peripheral nerve stem cells, immune cells, transfection of cell lines, drug treatment and viability evaluation and maintain cell lines or culture.
- Perform specific experiments that may include dissection of neuronal or skin tissue from mice embryos, sectioning and staining tissue with antibodies and cellular markers, and performing mice in vivo experiment.
- Help design experiments and hypothesis building for various research projects.
- Record and compile careful, accurate records and communicate summaries of experimental results. Assist with the evaluation, interpretation and assessment of experimental data and quality control of assays.
- Operate, calibrate and perform routine maintenance on specialized equipment used in research.
- Help to train rotating graduate students in dissection and culturing skills and laboratory record keeping.Attend laboratory get-togethers to enhance social interaction between laboratory and department members.
Basic wet lab abilities immunofluorescence staining, animaldissection, and microscope use. Data analysis, communication, and critical thinking skills. Excellent communication skills, record keeping, and the ability to present key data to other members of the team and collaborators is mandatory. Self-motivation and the ability to think independently and critically is crucial.
- Applicants should send their CVs and information on 2-3 referees to [email protected]. The subject of the email should be Postdoc Application+name. Interviews and other procedures will be arranged as soon as possible.