Degree: BS, MS, Ph.D
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
The laboratory of Dr. Qin Wang at the Medical College of Georgia is currently seeking 3-5 full-tuition graduate students and 2-3 postdoctoral fellows to join its team. Dr. Qin Wang, a tenured full professor and founding director of the Program for Alzheimer’s Therapeutic Discovery at MCG, is the prestigious Georgia Research Alliance (GRA) Eminent Scholar in Neuropharmacology. The lab focuses on the study of cell surface receptor signaling and neuropharmacology in the context of brain physiology and disease pathology. The lab’s research covers a broad spectrum of translational neuropharmacological research in Alzheimer’s disease (AD) and complex behavior, ranging from basic mechanistic studies to preclinical testing in animal and IPS cell models, from drug target discovery to high-throughput drug screening and small molecule optimization, and from wet-lab bench research to dry-lab computational/bioinformatics studies. The lab is well funded with 5 active NIH R01 level grants in addition to ample seed funding from the Institute and the GRA endowment, allowing the lab to apply cutting-edge techniques to address the most critical questions in the field. The PI will provide a customized training plan for individual trainees based on their unique backgrounds. If you are interested in joining the lab, please visit their website at https://www.augusta.edu/mcg/dnrm/faculty/qin-wang-lab.phpfor for more information.
As the only public academic medical college in Georgia, MCG is dedicated to conducting state-of-the-art biomedical research and translating our findings into clinical applications. We are equally committed to providing excellent education and training opportunities for the next generation of physicians and researchers. Located in the charming city of Augusta in the southeastern United States, MCG offers easy access to a wide range of recreational and lifestyle opportunities. Within a 2.5 hour drive, you can explore the vibrant city of Atlanta, relax on the beach, or venture into the mountains. Our mission is to improve human health and well-being through cutting-edge research and education. We are proud to be part of the vibrant community of Augusta and the state of Georgia, and to contribute to the advancement of healthcare both regionally and globally.
- Alzheimer’s disease (AD) and complex behaviors, ranging from basic mechanistic studies to preclinical testing in animal and iPS cell models, from drug target discovery to high-throughput drug screening and small molecule optimization
- Highly motivated. Motivation is the most critical success factor in biomedical research.
- Previous experience in neurobiology, cell biology, biochemistry and/or genetic research is preferred. We are particularly interested in candidates with experience in neuroscience, especially for the postdoctoral position.
- For postdoctoral fellows, publication(s) in peer-reviewed journals is required.
- Experience in bioinformatics is a strong advantage.
- A willingness to collaborate with other members of the lab and to contribute to the development of the entire lab is required.
Interested person can send email directly to Dr. Qin Wang: [email protected]