Scholarship: Full financial support
Degree: M.S. degree (or about to graduate)
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: June 2023
Dr. Xiao Huang received his B.S. degree from Nanjing Agricultural University, China, his M.S. degree in biochemistry from East China University of Science and Technology, and his Ph.D. degree in biochemistry from the University of California, Santa Barbara, USA; he then did postdoctoral research in the labs of Tejal Desai and Wendell Lim at the University of California, San Francisco. He was appointed as an Assistant Professor in the School of Biomedical Engineering, Drexel University, USA in 2022. He has published several papers as first author in Nature Nanotechnology, ACS Nano, Advanced Materials, Nano Letters, Biomaterials and other top journals in the field of materials and biomedical engineering, and has filed one international patent and one US patent application. He was named a BWF Rising Star in the field of Biointerfaces in 2022. The lab will be officially launched in June 2023. Mentor’s website: https://drexel.edu/biomed/faculty/core/HuangXiao/
- precise control of chimeric receptor T (CAR-T) cell differentiation to find the optimal phenotype for specific pathological settings.
- to study the modulation of immunotherapy by functional modules of biomaterials, agents and routes of administration in animal models.
- have received or will receive a bachelor or master degree in chemistry, biology or biomedical engineering related.
- have a strong interest in immune mechanisms and immune applications and biomaterials; preference will be given to those with one of the technical backgrounds in biochemistry and molecular biology, immunology, mouse models, fluorescence imaging and data analysis.
- love of research, optimistic and cheerful, careful and rigorous work, teamwork spirit.
- TOEFL test scores meet the standard (GRE scores are not required)
Please send a scanned resume and undergraduate transcripts to [email protected]