Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Autumn of 2024
Our laboratory focuses on developing breakthrough tools for electronic and quantum materials with sub-nanometre precision using chemical vapour deposition (CVD)/ALD growth, dry etching and surface functionalisation. For example, one project involves the large-scale production and atomic layer etching of MXene thin films to achieve their pristine properties and explore applications in micro-robotics.
Dr Haozhe “Harry” Wang is currently an Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Duke University.
Dr Wang completed his Ph.D. training at MIT EECS in 2020 and postdoctoral training at MIT AeroAstro until 2021. Before joining Duke in 2023, he was a postdoctoral fellow at Caltech.
Dr Wang has over 35 peer-reviewed publications in high-impact journals, including Nature Energy, Nature Photonics, Nature Communications, Matter, and ACS Nano. Dr Wang is the recipient of the 2022 MRS Spring Meetings Best Poster Award, the 2021 KNI Prize Postdoctoral Fellowship, the 2020 MIT Quantum Hackathon Creative Award, and the 2017 Ho-Ching and Han-Ching Fund Award.
- Projects involving two-dimensional materials, chemical vapour deposition, and atomic layer etching technologies.
- Experimental skills in thin film deposition and nanofabrication.
- Proven track record of publishing in peer-reviewed journals.
- Postdoctoral candidates must have a Ph.D. in electrical engineering, materials science, chemical engineering or related fields. Preference will be given to candidates with a multidisciplinary background.
- Graduate applicants should have completed their undergraduate education in engineering or natural sciences.Research experience is strongly preferred.
- Willingness to learn and adapt new methods as required.
- Excellent communication skills with a flair for writing and publishing results.
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative environment.
For more information, please visit the group’s website at the-wang-lab.com/openings or email [email protected].