Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
Dr. Yu Zou joined the MSE Department at U of T as an Assistant Professor in January 2018, after working as a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at MIT (USA). Hereceived his doctorate, master, and bachelor degrees from ETH Zurich (Switzerland), McGill University (Canada), and Beihang University (China), respectively, all in materials science, and he was also a JSPS visiting scholar at Kyoto University (Japan). His research areas include physical metallurgy, nanomechanics, microstructural analysis, metal additive manufacturing and materials informatics. Google Scholar,Research Gate, ORCID).
We are currently looking for highly motivated students and postdoctoral researchers who enjoy working in a collaborative environment to join our group starting in January, May, or September. We welcome researchers with backgrounds in materials science, mechanical engineering, physics, electrical engineering, and related fields, particularly in physical metallurgy, mechanics, and instrumental design.
- -Mechanical and thermal stability of nanostructured high entropy alloys
- -In-situ mechanical testing at small scales and under extreme conditions
- -3D printing of steels, aluminium, copper, titanium alloys for aerospace and biomedical applications
- -Instrumentation design for a laser 3D printing system
- -Machine learning for materials design and intelligent manufacturing
- -Design of wear, erosion and corrosion resistant coatings
- -Discovery of high entropy alloys through high throughput experimentation
- -Fundamental studies of the mechanical behaviour of materials
- For graduate student positions, the U of T application deadline for Summer/Fall 2024 is January 31, but you are strongly encouraged to contact the above email address for the open positions before the deadline, because the positions may be filled before the deadline. Please make sure you meet the minimum admission requirements at U of T.
- For postdoctoral researcher and visiting student (scholar) positions, please make contact by email for possible research projects and available fellowships as early as possible.
If you would like to join us, please contact Prof. Zou ([email protected])