Scholarship: Fully funded
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
My lab in the Department of Neurology at Harvard Medical School and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is recruiting talented candidates at various stages of their careers (lab website: https://www.fengtianlab.com/). Harvard Medical School’s core mission is to alleviate human suffering by educating a diverse group of leaders and future leaders in clinical care and biomedical research. Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC), part of the Beth Israel Lahey Health System, is a world-class teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School. The Department of Neurology is proud to be at the forefront of this revolution. We have world-class brain research laboratories and clinical research programmes in every major area of neurology. We treat both common conditions and complex diseases using the latest therapies and technology. The lab focuses on combining multiple genetic tools (such as CRISPR tools and AAV vectors) and bioinformatic methods (including machine learning algorithms for drug candidate identification) to (1) molecularly and computationally dissect the epigenomic programs that determine cell death/survival in neurodegenerative diseases (glaucoma and ALS); and (2) develop novel therapeutics that protect and regenerate the nervous system in disease states. The laboratory is very well funded, including the NIH K99/R00 award. The lab will support work visas or immigration petitions for competent candidates who have received our offer.
- (1) to molecularly and computationally dissect the epigenomic programmes that determine cell death/survival in neurodegenerative diseases (glaucoma and ALS);
- and (2) develop novel therapeutics to protect and regenerate the nervous system in disease states.
- (1) Postdoctoral Research Fellow (PhD or MD required, experimental or wet lab, no dry lab postdoctoral position available);
- (2) Research Assistant/Technician;
- (3) Internship or visiting student/scholar;
- (4) Computational biologist/software engineer/data scientist.
Please submit a request on my lab’s website (https://www.fengtianlab.com/blank-3) or by email to [email protected] with at least: (1) a cover letter or message; (2) a CV; (3) your contact information. Candidates will be contacted if selected for further interviews.