Scholarship: Up to£42,155 per annum
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: 01-Feb-2023
Durham University (Dunelm), founded in 1832, is a world-renowned research university located in Durham, UK.
Durham is ranked 19th in the world in THE Arts and Humanities rankings for 2021-2022; QS World University Rankings, with 12 subjects in the top 50; Durham University Business School is triple accredited by AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA; QS World University Rankings, 82nd; Guardian University Guide, 5th in the UK; The Times and The Sunday Times The Guardian University Guide and The Sunday Times University Guide are both ranked 6th in the UK; the A-Levels required for undergraduate entry are consistently in the top 5 in the UK; and the current Director is Karen O’Brien.
Durham University’s School of Geography is the world’s leading centre for geographical research and education, ranked first in the UK (REF 2021) and third in the world (GRAS 2019). The School of Archaeology is ranked eighth in the world. The School of Theology is a top five centre for the study of philosophy of religion in the world.
- To provide a professional and customer focused mechanical engineering support service to facilitate the creation of a safe and secure environment for the department to flourish for the University.
- The Mechanical Building Services Engineer will be responsible for providing a comprehensive and professional mechanical engineering support service to enable the Estates and Facilities Council to provide a safe, secure and efficient environment for the University community.
- Work with and support project managers on capital and minor works projects to deliver the best mechanical building services design solution that is compliant, fit for purpose, cost effective, efficient and meets the required quality standards.
- Effectively manage the project management of the University’s mechanical building services to ensure that all work is carried out safely and efficiently, to the required quality, regulatory and design standards and in line with current best practice.
- Provide expert technical advice, guidance and support to internal and external stakeholders on matters relating to mechanical building services.
- excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build good working relationships internally and externally
- excellent digital skills with demonstrable skills in the use of core digital tools including internet, email, digital communication tools, Microsoft 365 applications, digital booking systems, project planning, financial systems HNC/D for building services/engineering related disciplines (or equivalent experience)
- strong technical knowledge in the design, installation, operation and maintenance of mechanical engineering building services
- Experience in a mechanical supervision, technical manager or design engineering position.
- experience in project management and contract administration.
- Regulatory, local and national expertise and compliance experience.
- Responsible and responsive attitude to workload and the ability to respond quickly and effectively to a wide range of stakeholder enquiries.
- Expertise in developing and writing technical reports and the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders and professionals at all levels.
- able to use own initiative and work effectively as part of a coherent and effective team
- Experience of procuring engineering and managing project/design teams on capital and revenue projects.
- experience of being able to network effectively and develop strong and productive working relationships
- the ability to problem solve and resolve issues, plan solutions and make pragmatic decisions
- experience of delivering and developing professional services for buildings, real estate, services or IT supply.
- ability to deliver infrastructure projects. 15.
- knowledge of health and safety compliance. 16.
- knowledge and experience of ensuring compliance with legislation and organisational policies and guidelines.
- experience of providing expert advice and guidance to a range of clients and colleagues, including more senior colleagues.
- experience of implementing policies and procedures and involvement in future changes to the service area.
- If you would like to chat or ask any questions about the role, Dave McCaffery, [email protected] would be happy to talk to you.