Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
The Medical College of Wisconsin is the third largest private research medical school in the country. Founded in 1893, the NIH-funded Cardiovascular Center is located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, an hour’s drive from Chicago, and has 150 PIs engaged in basic and clinical research related to cardiovascular development, disease and regeneration.
Dr Lu Han will join the MCW Department of Paediatrics as a tenure-track Assistant Professor in 2021. The group (https://han.cellcycle.org/) is dedicated to the study of cardiac development and myocardial regeneration after cardiac injury using animal models of cardiac injury and stem cell differentiation. The group is developing and integrating cell biology and multi-omics (single cell transcriptome, spatial transcriptome, ATAC, proteome) to investigate the mechanisms of cardiac development and injury repair and is currently supported by NIH, AHA, AHW and other research grants. We are looking for a postdoctoral fellow to join our group.
- 1.To study the transcriptional mechanisms involved in cardiac development and repair of myocardial injury, and the effects of intercellular communication and the microenvironment.
- To explore novel cytoskeletal regulations and their effects on cardiomyocyte differentiation and division, and to discover the unique cell cycle regulation of cardiomyocytes.
- 3.To study the genetic factors and pathogenesis of congenital heart disease and cardiomyopathy and to develop potential therapeutic targets for clinical application.
- To develop novel scaffolds for myocardial regeneration using nanomaterials.
- have a PhD (or equivalent) in Cell Biology/Developmental Biology/Biochemistry/Cancer Biology or a bioscience related field;
- 2.Have a curiosity and interest in scientific research and a theoretical and experimental background in scientific research;
- have research or scientific training in one or more of the following areas: transgenic mouse models, mouse models of cardiac injury, human pluripotent stem cell models, multi-omics techniques, molecular biology techniques, computational biology.
Interested applicants should send the following materials in PDF format to Dr Han Lu at [email protected]. Application materials include 1. curriculum vitae; 2. electronic copy of representative papers; 3. three letters of recommendation or contact information of referees.