Scholarship: Fully funded
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Feb. 1, 2024 for 2024 fall semester.
The Tianhu Sun Laboratory at East Tennessee State University invites motivated Masters (in Biology) and PhD (Biomedical Science) students to join the new Plant Synthetic Biology Laboratory. PhD students will receive a full stipend.
You will have the opportunity to work on two major research projects: 1. understanding the myths of the control mechanisms of health beneficial products in plants and using genetic engineering methods to improve the nutritional quality of crops 2. developing synthetic platforms to produce pharmaceutical proteins. We are excited about using the unique skills in our lab to make a difference to the lives of others and the global community. As a graduate, you will gain hands-on experience in molecular biology, genetics and biochemistry. Find out more about the lab: https://sites.google.com/view/thsun
- Plant Synthetic Biology
- Admission requirements: (PhD programme in Biomedical Sciences: https://www.etsu.edu/com/grad/prospective-students/admissionsfaq.php)
- Transcripts: An unofficial transcript. Official transcripts will be required for admission to a graduate programme. GPA: Minimum 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Recommendations: 3 recommendations submitted through the online application; curriculum vitae;
- Test scores: English language requirements: TOEFL 79 (iBT) or IELTS 6.5. GRE score is not required;
- Personal Statement: Please include the following in your personal statement (1000 words maximum): Previous research experience(s)-describe the research conducted and your role in the project; Research interests at ETSU; Career goals.
If you are interested, please contact Dr Sun ([email protected]) for more information.