Scholarship: Full award
Degree: B.S, M.S.
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Fall 2022
Dr. Wenpeng Yin: Tenure-track assistant professor at Temple University. Prior to this, he was a senior research scientist at Salesforce Research. He finished the postdoc training at UPenn in 2019 and got a Ph.D. degree from the University of Munich, Germany in 2017. Dr. Yin has published over 50 papers at leading NLP&AI conferences (e.g., ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, etc.) and journals (TACL, TKDE, etc.) with the latest citation > 3540 and H-index 23. In addition, he is regularly invited as (Senior) Area Chairs for top venues, such as ACL, NAACL, ACL ARR, etc.
- – Semantics (e.g., better representations for natural text; semantic parsing, etc.)
- – Information extraction (e.g., knowledge acquisition about entities, events, etc.)
- – Language reasoning (textual entailment, question answering, commonsense, etc.)
- – Learning from indirect supervision
- – Learning from instructions
- – Universal natural language processing
- – Incremental learning
- – Trustworthy learning
- – Language + vision
- – NLP in finance, security, bioinformatics, social science, etc.
Self-motivated (know what you want) Self-motivated (learn what you lack) Self-motivated (ask what you doubt)
How to apply: first send CV to [email protected]
Lab Intro: LanguageX (“Language Explored”) lab (www.wenpengyin.org/languagex-lab) was founded by Prof. Wenpeng Yin in Jan. 2022 at Temple University, aiming to advance the frontiers of language processing and understanding through studying some cutting-edge problems of languages, machine learning, etc.