Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
PhD positions are available in the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at the University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, in Dr Xu Jin’s group on intelligent control.
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering is the largest department in the College of Engineering, with 35 tenured and tenure-track faculty members, over 1,000 undergraduate students, and over 120 graduate students. The department also has state-of-the-art computing facilities, research laboratories and classrooms, including UAV, ground robot and air table satellite test facilities.
The city of Lexington is ranked #3 Best City to Raise a Family, #4 City with Best Tech Career Potential, #8 City with Lowest Cost of Living, #21 Best Places to Live in America, and #31 Most Educated Cities in America. Located in the heart of the Bluegrass Region, Lexington is known as the “Horse Capital of the World”. Queen Elizabeth II visited Kentucky five times during her reign as head of the British royal family, visiting horse farms in the Lexington area.
- 1.Adaptive control
- 2.Iterative learning control
- 3.Nonlinear systems and control
- 4.Vision-based control
- 5.Ground vehicles/Quadrotors
- 6.Multiagent/interconnected/networked/cyber-physical systems
- Qualifications: Applicants MUST HAVE, or will soon have, TOEFL/IELTS scores (if applicable) that meet the department’s minimum requirements. For students entering in autumn 2024, the GRE is no longer required in the application process, but is still encouraged.
Applications should be sent as soon as possible by email to Dr Xu Jin at [email protected]. Please include a full CV (including TOEFL/IELTS scores if applicable and GRE scores if available), PDFs of relevant publications and the names of at least three referees. After the initial email discussion, those who are encouraged to apply should then apply to the Department as soon as possible, quoting Dr Xu Jin’s name in the application package.