Degree: BS, MS
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
The University of Alabama (UA) is a public research university located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. It is the oldest and largest of Alabama’s public universities and the University of Alabama System. It is classified as “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity”.
The NextGen Transportation Lab, led by Dr Jun Liu, is seeking prospective Ph.D. students to join the Department of Civil, Construction, & Environmental Engineering at UA in autumn 2023.
- (1) Transportation planning and demand modeling: Shared mobility (AVs, EVs)/micro-mobility/urban air mobility;
- (2) Intelligent transportation systems: Data science for CAVs and TIM;
- (3) Transportation safety: Vulnerable road user and first responder safety; and
- (4) Sustainable transportation: Transportation equity/resilience and Transportation electrification/workforce development.
- Strong quantitative background
- Strong programming skills
- Expertise in one or more analytical/modeling methods including (1) Agent-based/activity-based modeling; (2) Graph theory; (3) Spatial and/or temporal modeling; (4) Machine learning/deep learning.
- Past research experience and paper publication experience are preferred.
- GRE Not Required
Please send your CV, covering letter (which may include a personal statement/research interest etc.) and reference information to ([email protected]).