Scholarship: Full benefits as per university rule
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: January 2023
Dr. Haibo Huang(https://www.fst.vt.edu/aboutus/faculty/hhuang.html) finished his Undergraduate and Master degree in the major of Biological Engineering at Zhejiang University and University of Arkansas, respectively. Then he obtained his PhD degree in the major Agricultural and Biological Engineering from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He became an Assistant Professor in VT FST in 2016, and now is an Associate Professor in this department. He is currently searching for one postdoctoral associate working on Food Processing/Engineering. Dr. Huang’s lab (https://foodbioprocess.weebly.com/) is working on the following areas: 1) developing fractionation technologies to separate proteins and fibers from food processing byproducts, such as brewer’s spent grain. 2) developing novel extraction technologies (accelerated solvent extraction, microwave-assisted extraction, ultrasound-assisted extraction) to extract bioactive compounds (e.g.polyphenols, fatty acids) from agricultural byproducts; 3) Conversion of processing wastes to value-added products via biological and thermochemical routes; 4) Techno-economic analysis of novel food processes to valorize agriculture and food wastes. He has published over 80 peer-reviewed papers on top journals.
- Engineering, biosystemsengineering, environmental engineering, food science, or other related disciplines
- Research experience in the food- and bio-processing area
- Self-motivated, able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Research experience in techno-economic analysis, life cycle assessment, or agricultural/food waste utilization
- Demonstrated a good publication record
- How to apply? Application materials should be sent directly to Dr. Haibo Huang by email at [email protected]. Materials should include a CV and names of 3 references.