Scholarship: Fully funded
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
Two postdoctoral positions are now available in the laboratory of Dr Ling Yang in the Department of Medical Genetics and Molecular Biochemistry at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University. Located in Philadelphia, the Lewis Katz School of Medicine is recognised as one of the leading medical schools in the United States. In addition, the greater Philadelphia area serves as a major hub for global pharmaceutical companies such as Pfizer and GSK. The primary focus of the Yang lab is to identify novel regulators, including protein-coding genes, long non-coding RNAs (lncRNAs), microRNAs and circular RNAs, involved in the development of liver-related diseases such as non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), liver cancer and atherosclerosis. The ultimate goal is to pioneer the development of innovative therapeutics for the treatment of these human diseases. Dr Ling Yang’s research has been published in prestigious journals such as Cell Metabolism, Journal of Hepatology and Theranostics. She has also received several awards in recent years, including the NHLBI Director Award, the NHLBI Orloff Science Award, the NHLBI K22 Career Transition Award, the Young Investigator Award from the NIH Asian and Pacific Islander American Organization (APAO), and the DOD Discovery Award. For more information about our research, please visit our website at https://medicine.temple.edu/ling-yang.
- Gene cloning, western blot, RT-PCR, immunoprecipitation, reporter assay, RNA-seq, etc.
- We are actively seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated and collaborative postdoctoral fellow with a strong passion for science to join our laboratory.
- The ideal candidate should be able to work independently and have a strong background and experience in molecular and cellular biology.
- The Yang laboratory is dedicated to the professional development of postdoctoral researchers.
- To apply for the position, please submit a letter of interest outlining your expertise, CV, and contact information for three referees to Dr. Ling Yang, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, at [email protected]. Applications are being accepted immediately, and the position will remain open until filled. If you have any questions or require further information about this position, please reach out to Dr. Ling Yang via email. The Yang laboratory offers a pleasant and collaborative working environment, and we eagerly anticipate your participation in our team.