Scholarship: Fully funded
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Until the positions are filled
Hui Wang lab invites applications for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow position, located at the Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School. Our lab develops novel optical imaging tools which combines with MRI, histology, and computational modeling to study the underlying structures supporting the complex functions in the brain. One focus area is to develop next generation large-scale microscopic imaging techniques to map the neuroarchitecture, vasculature, and connectivity in the whole human brain.
The research focus in this position is to develop a polarization sensitive optical coherence tomography technique to reveal the 3D fiber axis orientation and vasculature in the human brain, and apply it to study the impact under neurodegenerative diseases. We are seeking highly motivated candidate with great interest in neuroimaging. The Research Fellow will work in a highly collaborative environment and interact with multidisciplinary teams. The Fellow will obtain trainings in independent research and grant writing and will have great opportunities to launch an independent investigation.
For more information, please visit our website: https://optics.martinos.org
- biomedical/electrical engineering, physics, medical physics, or a related field
- – Optical system design, implementation, test, and characterization.
- – Experimental design; work with research technicians to conduct data collection and analysis.
- – Present progresses to our collaborators and in scientific conferences; publish the work in a timely manner.
- – Collaborate with other research members and clinical staff to further advance the goals of the research project.
The appointment is for two years with the possibility of continuation based on annual performance evaluation. Please email Hui Wang ([email protected]) a cover letter describing research interests and experience, an updated curriculum vitae and contact information of three references.