Scholarship: Fully funded
Subjects: mathematics, computer science, physics, astrophysics, computational biology, statistics, or engineering
Nationality: International Students
Closing Date: open until filled.
Start date: immediately
The Rabadan Lab (https://rabadan.c2b2.columbia.edu/) is a multi-disciplinary team at the Columbia University Medical Center consisting of computational and evolutionary biologists, applied mathematicians, physicists, and physicians. As part of the Departments of Systems Biology and Biomedical Informatics, we collaborate with clinicians and public health researchers from around the world to explore several disease systems, focusing particularly on the genetics and epidemiology of infectious diseases and cancer. As part of the Program for Mathematical Genomics we are building a vibrant community of researchers who use insights and techniques from computational topology and biological data to solve pressing biomedical problems.
We are now seeking postdoctoral researchers to join a creative team in a collaborative environment developing mathematical techniques for the analysis of high-dimensional, high-throughput sequencing and biological data.
● Expertise in high-throughput sequencing technologies is highly valued.
● Experience with clinical data from large biobanks is also highly valued.
● Candidates should have a working knowledge of programming (Python, R, Java or C++) and statistical analysis with demonstrated experience in problem solving.
● Practical knowledge of algorithms and databases is required.
● Excellent organizational and communication skills are a must.
Please send the following to [email protected]
● Cover letter
● Names and contact information for three references