Scholarship: Fully funded
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
The Cai lab focuses on the cellular mechanisms of cardiometabolic diseases, including atherosclerosis and non-alcoholic steatohepatitis. In particular, the team is investigating how inflammation is dysregulated and how immune cells interact with other cells in cardiometabolic disease. The laboratory uses technologies such as transgenic mouse models, human genetics, single-cell/nucleus RNA sequencing, iPSC, genome-wide CRISPR screening and a variety of cellular and molecular techniques to address these important questions. For more information on the research projects in the lab, please see the following recent publications (Cell Metab 2020, Cell 2019, JCI 2017, PNAS 2016) and the lab website: https://labs.icahn.mssm.edu/bishuang-cai-lab/.
Postdoctoral fellows will be provided with affordable housing in Sinai and a competitive salary with university standard health benefits. In addition, the postdoctoral fellows will receive tremendous support from the PI and the department to build their own career path, e.g. grant writing, networking/presenting at conferences, and publishing.
Qualified candidates should have a PhD in a relevant field such as cell biology, molecular biology, immunology or metabolism. Preference will be given to candidates who are proficient in the following basic research experimental skills, including mouse handling, iPSC culture and CRISPR editing.
- Cell biology, molecular biology, immunology, or metabolism
- Works with the PI on developing hypotheses and designing experiments.
- Conducts laboratory experiments including animal studies and in vitro cell culture experiments.
- Collaborates with lab members and bioinformaticians in experiments and data analysis.
- Participates in data processing, analysis, reporting, and conference presentations.
- Participates in manuscript preparation and publications.
- Trains junior lab technicians and students.
- Participates departmental and institutional research symposium and retreats.
If you are highly motivated and would like to work in New York City right by Central Park, please send your CV and names/contacts of three references to Dr. Cai [email protected]