Scholarship: Fully funded
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
Dr Chen’s group’s research lies at the intersection of control, reinforcement learning, and optimization for intelligent sustainable power systems. The group aims to develop fundamental theories, innovative algorithms, and practical tools to enhance the intelligence, resilience, and sustainability of modern power and energy systems.
Check the group website https://xchen.engr.tamu.edu/ for more information.
- ·AI-enabled control and optimization
- ·Distributed algorithms
- ·High-renewable-penetration system planning and operation
- ·Control of inverter-dominant systems
- ·Autonomous coordination of large-scale distributed energy resources
- ·Carbon-electricity nexus and grid decarbonization, etc.
- Successful candidates are highly self-motivated with strong mathematical backgrounds, programming skills, and research interests in energy systems.
- Students with backgrounds in power systems, control theory, machine learning, optimization, etc., are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants shall submit their applications to the graduate program of TAMU before the deadline, and contact Dr. Chen at [email protected] with the subject line “Prospective Ph.D. Student”, enclosing CV, transcript, and a short description of research interests.