Scholarship: Partial Funding
Degree: Masters, Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
Toronto Metropolitan University is pleased to recognise the academic achievements of the first-year class upon admission to the university with over $10 million designated for entrance scholarship support.
- All Subjects
To be eligible for consideration for the guaranteed and renewable scholarships, students must:
- Be currently enrolled full-time in a Canadian secondary school (minimum of three Ontario grade 12 U/M courses or Canadian provincial equivalent within the 2022-2023 regular school year
- Have been continuously enrolled full-time (no gaps in full-time attendance prior to the 2022-2023 regular school year)
- Be enrolling in a post secondary institution for the first time
- Have submitted the correct and complete application for admission to the program for which the scholarship is being granted by September 1, 2023
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, protected persons in Canada and international students are eligible for this award
The President’s Entrance Scholarship is awarded to secondary school graduates who demonstrate academic accomplishment, leadership qualities, original thought and creative ability.
Twelve (12) recipients | $40,000 (total value) | $10,000 (annual amount) (renewable)
Recipients are reserved (costs not included) a bed in residence. This is limited to Pitman Hall single bedroom with shared hallway washroom or the International Living/Learning single bedroom with private washroom. Please visit the Housing and Residence Life website for more information about living on campus.
A minimum 90% final admission average is required for consideration. An applicant’s average is calculated with their best six Grade 12 U/M courses, or their home country’s equivalent.
This application will ask that you include the following:
- An essay or project summary: this may be a piece of creative writing, or a summary of any creative project which you may have undertaken. It must reflect your capacity for original thought and creative ability (max 500 words).
- Two (2) letters of reference:
- academic reference letter that confirms your scholastic abilities. This reference may also speak to your leadership/creative endeavours.
- reference letter should address your leadership/creative endeavours. It should not verify academic achievement.
- Your leadership activities: you will indicate the leadership activities/positions that you have been involved in during your final two years in secondary school.
Note: Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents of Canada, Protected Persons in Canada and International Students are eligible to apply for this award.