Scholarship: Fully funded
Degree: PhD, MD, or MD/PhD
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
Two postdoctoral positions are available in the laboratory of Dr. Zhiyu Dai (www.zhiyudai-lab.com) in the Department of Medicine, University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix. The lab conducts leading interdisciplinary research in pulmonary and vascular biology and pulmonary hypertension (Circulation 2016; two AJRCCM 2018; ERJ, 2022; ATVB, 2022). The lab uses state-of-the-art technologies including genetic lineage tracing, genetic depletion, genetic reporter animal models, and CRISPR-mediated genomic editing, AAV, single-cell omics, and spatial transcriptomics to understand pulmonary vascular disease.
- Molecular biology
- The ideal candidate will have a solid background in molecular biology with a strong publication record.
- Prior experience in either metabolism, epigenetics, bioinformatics, or CRISPR is preferred. Candidates must have (or expect to obtain) a PhD, MD, or MD/PhD degree and be self-motivated.
- Candidates are expected to carry out projects independently with minimal supervision, including designing experiments, formulating new ideas related to the projects, performing experiments competently and in a timely manner, and analyzing data professionally.
- Scientists are expected to manage multiple projects, write scientific papers and reviews, and present their work at scientific conferences.
- Scientists are expected to supervise students and technicians, including assay development, problem solving, interpretation of results, and planning of follow-up experiments.
- Competitive salary (following NIH scale), exceptional research environment, and outstanding mentorship for independent career development are available at the University of Arizona.
Interested candidates should send a CV, and a brief statement of research accomplishments and future interests, to Dr. Zhiyu Dai at [email protected].