Scholarship: Fully funded
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
The laboratory of Dr. Feng Yue focuses on novel cellular and molecular mechanisms that govern the fate choices of muscle and fat stem cells in the context of muscle diseases, diabetes and aging. Utilizing versatile genetic mouse models, primary cells, patient biopsies, and isolated organelles, research in the Yue Lab brings together cutting-edge single-cell omics, state-of-the-art imaging, high-resolution bioenergetics, and stem cell technologies to address significant and fundamental questions in the field of skeletal muscle biology and adipose metabolism(Cell Rep, 2016; eLife, 2016, Nat Commun, 2017; Adv Sci, 2020; Mol Therapy, 2021; Cell Rep, 2022; Nat Met, 2023(Under revision), Nat Commun, 2023 (Under revision)). Lab Website: https://uf-yuelab.com/.
University of Florida is ranked #5 in US Public Schools and #28 in US National Universities. The Laboratory of Stem Cell and Metabolism is a part of the scientific community with dynamic basic, translational and clinical research atmosphere, including the Center for Regenerative Medicine, Myology Institute, Genetics Institute, Diabetes Institute, and Institute on Aging. The laboratories are well-equipped, and the successful applicant will join dedicated, experienced and highly motivated teams of mitochondrial biologists and cell physiologists. The work is fast-paced and exciting, at the cutting edge of molecular insights into mitochondrial biology, tissue development and human metabolic disease.
- Investigating the fundamental mechanisms controlling mitochondrial dynamics and tissue development.
- Prior experience of biochemistry, and/or cellular and molecular biology is required; Specialties of protein interactionand bioenergetics would be advantageous
- A recent Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree relevant to biological sciences.
- Strong record of productivity from previous training
- High level of independence in the design and execution of experiments
- Applicants should have excellent oral and written communication skills, and experience in the collection and analysis of data
- Applicants should submit a cover letter, CV and contact information of 3 references to: Feng Yue, Ph.D.at [email protected].