Degree: Ph.D. and/or M.D.
Nationality: International Students
Location: New York, USA
Application deadlines: Open until filled
Ongoing studies include investigation of lncRNA function, Notch/RBP-J signaling, identification of inflammatory osteoclast precursors, and cross-talk between adipose and bone in the physiological and pathological settings in osteoimmunology field, an exciting interdisciplinary research field linking bone biology and immune system. We apply cutting edge cellular and molecular techniques including RNAseq, ATACseq and ChIPseq, and use various mouse models to accomplish the study.
Relevant publications: Nature Medicine, 15 (9):1066-71, 2009; Journal of Experimental Medicine, 209(2):319-34, 2012; Journal of Clinical Investigation, 124 (11):5057-73, 2014; Nature Communications, 9(1):4108, 2018; eLife, 2020; 9: e59659.
- Molecular and cellular biology, immunology, bone biology or a related field
- At least one first author article.
- The ideal candidate should have strong expertise in cellular and molecular techniques (co- IP, ChIP, immunostaining, FACS) and in genetic mutant mouse breeding. Experience in sequence analysis is preferred. High level of motivation, responsibility and independence are expected.
- PhD candidates expected graduation soon are welcome to apply.
- Competitive salary and an excellent benefit package (Medical, Dental and Life insurances, housing supplement, yearly conference trip and retreats. COVID-19 vaccines are provided) are available and will commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
Full applications including curriculum vitae, a cover letter, three references (names and contact information) and expected availability date should be submitted via email to:
Baohong Zhao, DMD, PhD
Department of Medicine
Weill Medical College of Cornell University Associate Scientist
Arthritis and Tissue Degeneration Program
Hospital for Special Surgery
Director of the laboratory of Pathological Bone Metabolism and Osteoimmunology 535 E70th Street, New York, NY10021 USA
Phone: (212) 774-2772
Email: [email protected]