Scholarship: Monthly salary of HK$18,000
Degree: BS, MS, Ph.D
Nationality: International Students
Location: Hong Kong
Application deadlines: Open
City University of Hong Kong (CityU), a world-renowned international public research comprehensive university, is ranked 53rd in the 2022 QS World University Rankings, 4th in the 2021 Times Global Best Under 50 list, 1st in the Times Higher Education 2020 World University Rankings “World’s Most International The Times Higher Education 2020 World University Rankings ranked the university No. 1 in the world’s most international universities and No. 1 in Hong Kong for engineering/technology/computer science in ARUW. The campus is located in the commercial district of Kowloon Tong, with the MTR Kowloon Tong Station, backed by the Lion Rock and overlooking the Kowloon Peninsula and Victoria Harbour. City University of Hong Kong uses English as the medium of instruction.
Professor Penghao Duan is currently an Assistant Professor at City University of Hong Kong. He received his undergraduate degree from Tongji University and Politecnico di Milano, his master’s degree from ETH Zurich, his master’s thesis as a ZKS Scholar at MIT, and his PhD from Oxford University, where he completed his postdoctoral research in 2021-2022. He was an adjunct professor at Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics. His research interests are focused on aero-engine optimization design, multi-scale fluid computation, conjugate heat transfer computation, computational mesh generation, and fluid computation software development. He is a reviewer of several journals and conferences, a session chair of Global Power and Propulsion Society (GPPS) 2022 conference, and a review organizer of Chinese International Turbomachinery Conference 2022.
- 1, Aero engine, gas turbine optimization design, leaf top and blade air film cooling calculation, related flow field physical analysis
- 2, multi-scale fluid calculation, conjugate heat transfer, multiphase flow algorithm development and its application
- 3, Urban microclimate modeling and calculation
- 4, Fluid and heat transfer related experimental measurements
- Ph.D.: Bachelor’s degree; TOEFL score of 79 or higher or IELTS score of 6.5 or higher.
- Research Assistant: Bachelor’s degree
- Postdoctoral: with PhD
- Aero-engine related background, familiar with CFX, Fluent or experience with OpenFoam, C++, and published papers in related fields are preferred.
- The entry date for PhD/Academic Master is September 2023, and Postdoc/Research Associate can start at any time.
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Please indicate in the subject of the email: Application for [position title] + [applicant’s name] + [proposed start date]. Applicants who pass the initial review of materials will be notified of the interview, and all job openings are valid until filled.
- Personal resume
- Transcripts from undergraduate studies
- If you have: 1-2 pieces of your latest or representative works, published or in-process papers are acceptable.