Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Fall 2023
The College of Engineering at Michigan Technological University is actively developing research and programmes in robotics. Dr. Tan Chen’s research group (https://www.mtu.edu/ece/department/faculty/chen-t/) focuses on developing robust and safe controllers for legged robots and modelling complex dynamic systems using nonlinear geometric methods, optimization, and machine learning. We have one fully funded PhD position, offering a competitive graduate assistantship covering full tuition fees, health insurance and a living stipend.
Michigan Tech was established in 1885 and has been ranked the 3rd best university in Michigan (following the University of Michigan – Ann Arbor and Michigan State University) by US News and World Reports. Michigan Tech is well known for the engineering programs. The College of Engineering has been ranked among the top 100 graduate engineering schools in the US News & World Reports “Best Graduate School” rankings. It is rated one of the safest college campuses in the country.
- Electrical, mechanical, computer engineering or related areas
- Experience with MATLAB, Python, C++ (preferred), Solidworks (preferred), etc.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Motivated to learn new skills and explore new areas.
- A Master’s degree in electrical, mechanical, computer engineering, or related engineering areas is preferred but not required.
- Hands-on experience in robotics is highly valued.
Please send your CV, transcript, and TOEFL/IELTS scores (international students only), to Dr. Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “PhD Application” in the email subject.