Scholarship: Fully funded
Degree: BS, MS, PhD
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open all year round and can be started at any time.
The Biosensing and Biomarkers Group at the Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of South Carolina, USA was established in 2018 and is led by Professor Chang Liu. The group’s research interests include:
- nanopore microarrays and devices for point-of-care tests and quantitative biomarker assays for infectious diseases
- development of single-molecule sequencing technologies and their application in proteomics
- Environmental and contaminant monitoring and development of small molecule detection sensors
The group is supported by the NIH and NSF with stable funding, excellent remuneration and a relaxed and active academic atmosphere, with papers published every year in top journals in general or specialist fields (e.g. Nature Communications, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, ACS Sensors, etc.). The supervisors encourage interested students to feel free to contact existing students in the group to get to know the realities of our academic and life situations. Like-minded students in related fields are welcome to join.
- ESE,Pharmaceutical Sciences, Cancer Pharmacology, and Drug Discovery
- -Has obtained or will obtain a PhD in the near future in a field related to the research area of the group, with background and experience in microfluidics, nanopores, clinical testing devices, etc. preferred
- -Can communicate in English and write academic papers in English
- -Love research work, have a sense of enterprise, responsibility and team spirit.
2 PhD students
- -Has obtained or will obtain a bachelor or master’s degree related to the research direction of the group in the near future.
- -This group is a cross-disciplinary group, and we welcome applications from students of all relevant backgrounds, with no restrictions on their specific specialties.
- -Love research work, have a sense of enterprise, responsibility and teamwork.
- Please send your CV directly to [email protected]