Scholarship: Full benefits
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: 12/15/2022
Dr. Zhenglu Li will join the USC School of Engineering as an Assistant Professor in January 2023. Dr. Li received his undergraduate degree in physics from Fudan University in 2012 and his Ph.D. from UC Berkeley in 2019, under the supervision of Steven G. Louie, and continued his postdoctoral research at the Berkeley Louie Group. Faculty Profile: https://chems.usc.edu/directory/faculty/profile/?lname=Li&fname=Zhenglu
- The research covers electronic properties of quantum materials, optical properties, non-equilibrium excitonic dynamics, superconductivity and so on. Theoretical studies are usually performed using massively parallel computations.
The group will carry out three specific areas of research.
- GW perturbation theory and electro-acoustic coupling in strongly correlated materials
- Computational methods and program development for time-containing GW coupled phonons
- Regulation of quantum excited states in two-dimensional materials
For details of the research, please refer to the group’s website: https://sites.usc.edu/ligroup/
- Interested students can apply to the PhD program through the USC Viterbi School of Engineering (application deadline 12/15/2022). If you are interested in Dr. Li’s group or have any questions, please feel free to contact Dr. Li via email. If you plan to apply, please contact Dr. Li first.