Scholarship: Fully funded
Degree: BS, MS
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
Dr. Xu Han will be joining Department of CEAE at KU as an assistant professor from Fall 2023. Before Joining KU, he is a research associate at Harvard Center for Green Buildings and Cities. He obtained his Ph.D. in Architectural Engineering from the University of Colorado Boulder.
Dr. Xu Han’s research interests mainly focus on multi-domain building simulation and scalable machine learning for building applications. He has authored or co-authored over 20 peer-reviewed papers and received best paper awards from the prestigious journal Building and Environment and the COBEE 2022 conference.
With its main campus in the beautiful Lawrence, Kansas, KU is classified among “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very high research activity“. Its academic rankings can be found: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Kansas#Academics
- Occupancy-based building control: algorithms development, implementation and deployment, field tests in a living-lab building.
- Simulation tools development for building energy systems and indoor environment that combines physics-based and machine learning approaches.
- Education background in Architectural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, HVAC, Building technology, Machine learning, control, or related fields.
- Strong self-motivation, skills of working independently, and good communication and writing skills.
- Demonstrated expertise and strong interests in the relevant areas, such as modeling and controls of building systems, machine learning and building science.
- Meet admission requirements at: https://ceae.ku.edu/graduate-admission
- Please send you CV, transcripts, TOEFL/IELTS score (if appliable), and one-page summary of your research experience and interests to [email protected]