Scholarship: HK$27,100/30,000 per month
Degree: BS, MS, PhD
Nationality: International Students
Location: Hong Kong
Application deadlines: Open
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University is located in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China and is ranked 65 in the world by QS and 79 by THE. the Department of Computing is ranked 51-100 by QS in its disciplines.
Dr. Jieming Shi, Assistant Professor. His main research areas are big data, data mining, and machine learning; his main research results have been published in SIGMOD, VLDB, NeurIPS, WWW, TKDE, ICML, etc. He received VLDB 2021 BestPaper Award and ACM SIGMOD Research Highlight Award, KDD, WWW, ICDE, AAAI, IJCAI, CIKM, TKDE and other international conferences and journals. Personal homepage: https://www4.comp.polyu.edu.hk/~jiemshi/
- big data/machine learning
- Doctoral students (1-2 positions).
- Available for spring or fall admission, the following PhD programs are available
o General Scholarship HK$18100 per month
o Polytechnic University President’s Scholarship PPPFS HK$26800 per month
o HKPFS Scholarship HK$27100 per month
- Passionate about research, proactive, research-minded, with the ambition to obtain a PhD
- Strong programming skills, strong mathematical analysis and algorithm design skills
- Early application and early processing
2. Postdoctoral (1 position)
- Obtain a PhD in computer science or other related fields, with scientific background in big data, data mining, machine learning, etc.
- Passionate about scientific research, proactive, with independent research ability
- Research results published in relevant top journals or conferences, such as KDD, VLDB, WWW, TKDE, SIGMOD, NeurIPS, TOIS, TPDS, TPAMI, etc.
- Salary: from HK$30,000 per month, negotiable according to qualifications
- We have several positions available for PhD students and postdocs in our group as follows (to apply, please send CV to [email protected])