Degree: Bachelor, Master
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Spring 2022 and Fall 2022
Dr. Wang’s research lab conducts research about machine learning and data mining, and applies them to solve the real-world challenges primarily in healthcare and social science, such as clinical question answering, information extraction, graph mining, and survival analysis.
Stevens Institute of Technology is a private research university in Hoboken, New Jersey. The 55-acre campus is on the Hudson River across from midtown Manhattan within a few minutes from NYC via public transportation. This superb location offers numerous opportunities for collaborations with nearby universities and research laboratories in both industry and academia, and provides excellent internship opportunities for students in high-tech and financial companies.
More information about the research can be found here: http://leafnlp.org/pingwang/.
Machine learning and data mining.
- Candidates are expected to have a strong background in mathematics, probability, and programming.
- Candidates with previous degrees in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or related fields are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates with previous research experiences or publication records in machine learning and data mining are preferred.
- Highly motivated and passionate about research.
- More general graduate admission requirements at Stevens can be found here: https://www.stevens.edu/schaefer-school-engineering-science/departments/computer-science/graduate-programs.
Interested candidates should directly send his/her CV along with the contact information of three references to Dr. Ruli If you are interested, please email your current CV, transcripts, and personal statement to Ping Wang by ping.wan[email protected] with the subject of “PhD Application: $YourName”.