Degree: BS, MS, PH.D.
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: 2022 Spring or Fall
Dr. Tianxi Yang is an incoming tenure-track Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Land and Food Systems at The University of British Columbia (https://www.landfood.ubc.ca/). She obtained her Ph.D. in Food Science with a specialization in Analytical Chemistry from the University of Massachusetts Amherst. She has worked as a Postdoctoral Research Associate in BASF’s North American Center for Research on Advanced Materials at the University of Massachusetts Amherst and a Research Chemist/ORISE fellow at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition.
Dr. Yang has made significant scientific contributions (https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=bXwsh5oAAAAJ). She has published 2 book chapters and 28 peer-reviewed journal articles with first-author publications in Nature Nanotechnology, Analytical Chemistry, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, Small, etc. She has also received 31 awards and honors including but not limited to ACS Teranishi Graduate Award, Phi Tau Sigma Founders’ Award and Institute Food Technologists Feeding Tomorrow Fellowship.
The research program in the Yang group is highly interdisciplinary, drawing heavily from Food Science, Analytical Chemistry, Material Science and Nanotechnology. We strive to developinnovative analytical technologies and advanced materials to ensure safe and sustainable agricultural and food systems. The Yang Lab will majorly focus on: 1) Point care of tools for food safety monitoring; 2) Smart agrichemicals for precision agriculture; 3) Multifunctional and sustainable food packaging
Food Science, Analytical Chemistry, Material Science and Nanotechnology .
Qualifications of the applicants:
· Bachelor or Master Degree in Food Science, Analytical Chemistry, Material Science or other closely related fields.
· Previous research experience includes, but is not limited to food safety, spectroscopy, microbiology, nanomaterials, polymer engineering, stimuli-responsive materials, machine learning, plant science.
· Students with publication records/research experience are preferred.
· Be highly motivated, organized, a good communicator (written and verbal), and passionate about research.
· Thrive in a team environment and mentoring/team-building role.
To apply, please email Dr. Tianxi Yang at [email protected] with the following documents:
• Curriculum Vitae (describe your education, research experience, publication records if any, etc.)
• Cover letter (briefly describe your background and research interest)
• Names and contact information of three references