Scholarship: Fully funded
Degree: BS, MS, PhD
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: August 2023
Dr. Endao Han has been an Assistant Professor in the Department of Physics at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore since January 2023. He received his undergraduate degree from Shandong University, his Ph.D. in Physics from 2012-2018 from the Department of Physics at the University of Chicago, where his research focused on the rheology of complex fluids, and his postdoctoral research from 2018-2022 from the Department of Physics at Princeton University, where his research focused on the collective motility of bacteria and the mechanical properties of bacterial colonies. He is currently publishing several important papers in journals such as Physical Review Letters, Nature Materials, Nature Communications, PNAS, Soft Matter, and Physical Review Fluids.
Nanyang Technological University (NTU) is a research-intensive university with more than 7,600 staff and 34,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students. The university is internationally renowned for its research in materials, biomedical engineering, green energy and environment, and nanotechnology, and its main campus is often ranked as one of the most beautiful in the world.
- the collective movement of bacteria.
- rheology of colonies and bacterial films.
- physics of active substances.
- Applicants for the PhD require TOEFL or IELTS scores and GRE scores and meet the basic requirements of the Department of Physics. Some or all of the English language score requirements may be waived for those who have experience of studying abroad if they meet the conditions.
- Preference will be given to those with a background in: biophysics, soft matter physics, solid or fluid mechanics, microbiology, microscopic imaging and image analysis.
- PhD and postdoctoral applicants are invited to provide a curriculum vitae, transcripts, research interests and contact details for at least two referees. Postdoctoral applicants are also requested to provide a pdf file of one representative work. Please send your application materials to endao.han_at_ntu.edu.sg. The subject of the email should be: “PhD/Postdoctoral application – Name – School”.