Scholarship: Fully funded
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
The research project is cancer drug discovery. The successful candidate will participate in the research projects currently underway in Dr. Liang Xu’s laboratory including, but not limited to, cancer drug discovery and chemical biology studies. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual with in-depth knowledge and extensive skills in cancer biology, chemical biology and drug discovery to join Xu laboratory focused on molecular cancer therapeutics and mechanism of action of novel precision cancer medicine. For more information: Xu Lab: http://www.molecularbiosciences.ku.edu/liang-xu. http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=MBAmAvMAAAAJ.
- 80% – 1.Responsible for performance of laboratory research in the area of cancer drug discovery. To establish and maintain laboratory experiments using basic cell biology and molecular biology skills. Specific duties may involve (1) tissue culture, flow cytometry, Western blot, and (2) small animal studies with different tumor models, (3) gene transfection and PCR technique. (4) biochemical assays to test small molecule compounds.
- 10% – 2.Maintain certain laboratory equipment and record keeping. Train other lab personnel on the proper use and care of specialized equipment, provide general assistance to other lab personnel. Oversees daily operations of research setting and may supervise students or staff.
- 5% – 3.Literature searches and analysis of published data. Generation and review of experimental documentation including report generation, daily recording of experimental procedures and results generated by the individual in laboratory notebooks, as well as editing and preparation of manuscripts and grant applications.
- 5% – 4.Assure compliance with safety programs. Other duties as assigned.
- Biochemistry and Molecular Cell Biology or closely related field.
- Ability to carry out research tasks independently.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other research staff in the laboratory.
- Dedication to research work and ability to be highly productive.
- We prefer strong organization skills, good written and oral communication skills, and completing work in a timely manner. Experience in cancer immunotherapy is preferred.