Nationality: International Students
Location: Los Angeles, USA
Application deadlines: Open
NIH-funded postdoctoral positions or self-funded visiting scholar positions available immediately to join a productive cardiovascular, respiratory and metabolic research team in the Division of Molecular Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology, and Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles (https://labs.dgsom.ucla.edu/cai/pages/publications) (note high profile publications).
Biomedical sciences or related disciplines.
Previous training and experiences in the following research areas are preferred:
- 1) mechanistic studies of hypertension and pulmonary hypertension, diabetic vascular complications, aortic aneurysms and aortic dissections, hypercholesterolemia and atherosclerosis;
- 2) mechanistic studies of metabolic pathways regulating adipogenesis, mitochondrial function, and skeletal muscle function; mechanistic studies of obesity and metabolic syndrome;
- 3) mechanistic studies of ion channel regulations and other pathways of arrhymogenesis using animal models and in vitro techniques;
- 4) mechanistic studies of cardiac injury and remodeling in response to various insults including ischemia reperfusion injury (I/R); proficiency in ex vivo and in vivo I/R models in mice;
- 5) mechanistic studies of angiogenesis and wound healing;
- 6) mechanistic studies of sepsis and related organ injuries including that of heart and lung;
- 7) mechanistic studies of COPD and COVID-19;
- 8) mechanistic studies of mechano-transduction in the cardiovascular and respiratory system.
Please send CV and contact information of three references to Dr. Hua Linda Cai at [email protected] UCLA is an equal opportunity employer.