Scholarship: Free tuition and fees, monthly research assistant salary
Degree: BS, MS, MD, PhD, or MD/PhD
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
TX (UT Southwestern) in the Department of Pharmacology and Children’s Medical Center Research Institute (CRI). We focus on understanding injury repair and tissue regeneration, using skin wound healing as an initial model. We combine biochemistry, molecular biology, imaging, evolution and mouse genetics to understand tissue repair through in-depth probing of molecular & cellular mechanisms and to better understand associated pathologies such as cancer. Siqi has a successful track record of mentoring and supporting recent college graduates, students and postdocs. We are dedicated to supporting your personal and professional goals.
Siqi Liu Lab (www.siqiliulab.org)
UT Southwestern has exceptional graduate programs ranked within the top 20 in the US. UT Southwestern is a world renowned academic research medical center (Ranked #1 globally by Nature Index among healthcare institutions), and has a highly diverse and collaborative research environment. Dallas is among one of the best major cities to live in, with a diverse population and low cost of living. Competitive salary and benefits will be offered according to UT Southwestern guidelines.
- Biochemistry, molecular biology, immunofluorescence microscopy techniques, mouse genetics and bioinformatics, etc.
- Postdoc candidates should have expertise in one of the following areas: immunology; cell, developmental & tissue biology; molecular biology & biochemistry. We encourage passionate researchers interested in a deep understanding of tissue injury repair to apply.
- For research technicians, primary responsibilities include performing routine biological lab work and helping to run/organize the new lab. Passion for science/medicine and excellence is required. A minimal commitment of two years is expected. We will support and promote your professional growth (i.e. MD, PhD, or MD/PhD applications).
- For interested graduate students, please apply through UT Southwestern Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences for general admission and this year’s application will be due Dec 1, 2022
- Please email Siqi ([email protected])
- 1) A cover letter describing your prior experience and interests
- 2) Your CV
- 3) A reference letter from research advisor directly sent to Siqi
- 4) Names and contact information of your 3 references.