Degree: M.S. degree
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
- Fall Quarter starts in September;
- Winter Quarter starts in January;
- Spring Quarter starts in late March/early April.
Santa Clara University is a private Jesuit university in Santa Clara, California. It is located in the Silicon Valley town of Santa Clara, California, about an hour from San Francisco. Founded in 1851, Santa Clara University is the oldest operating institution of higher learning in California and the west coast of the United States. It is ranked 51st by Forbes 2019 and 54th by US News & World Report 2020 among the US national universities.
Dr. Ying Liu is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Santa Clara University. Her research focuses on image and video processing, deep learning, high-dimensional data, and compressed sensing. She is an IEEE member and an SPIE member. Her research articles are published in IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (TCSVT), IEEE Transactions on Multimedia (TMM), Elsevier Journal of Pattern Recognition, Multimedia Tools and Applications, SPIE Journal of Electronic Imaging (JEI), and prestigious conferences such as ICASSP, ICIP, ISCAS, SPIE DCS, and IEEE Asilomar conference. She serves as a reviewer of many top-ranked journals and also serves as the technical program committee member of multiple international conferences.
Deep Learning/Computer Vision
- · M.S. degree (or about to graduate) in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related majors.
- · Solid mathematical background and strong programming skills in Python, Matlab and C++.
- · Experience in image processing, video coding, deep learning, machine learning, or computer vision. Experience in deep learning programming such as tensorflow, pytorch, keras, caffe.
- · GRE score.
- · TOEFL/IELTS scores for international students.
- · Strong motivation in cutting-edge research and paper publication.
Admission requirements: https://www.scu.edu/engineering/graduate/admissions-requirements/
University website: https://www.scu.edu