Degree: MS, PhD
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
We are looking for highly qualified, motivated and hard-working postdocs and graduate students for several fully funded three year projects at the BioMedical Center, University of Iceland. The students/postdocs will belong to the Graduate Program in Molecular Life Sciences, a joint program between research groups at the University of Iceland and research organizations associated with the University and will therefore belong to a stimulating interdisciplinary educational program in the field of molecular life sciences. The applicant who is selected for the PhD position must formally apply for enrollment in the doctoral program and have the application approved before the position can begin. The applicants are expected to start in September 2021.
- Genetics, biostatistics or computational biology, biomedical engineering, cellular and molecular biology, biochemistry or related fields
- Recent PhD degree in genetics, biostatistics or computational biology, biomedical engineering, cellular and molecular biology, biochemistry or related fields for the postdoc position
- Recent MS degree (depending on position) in genetics, biostatistics or computational biology, biomedical engineering, cellular and molecular biology, biochemistry or related fields for the PhD position
- Research experience within the above mentioned fields
- Experience working with mice and/or zebrafish is valuable but not required
- Good computer and data analysis skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work in a team
Please include the following with the application:
- Description of how the applicants meet the requirements, their interests in the project and how they can contribute to the project (max 2 pages).
- Certificates of education (BS, MS and PhD degrees) and distribution of grades.
- Reference letter from at least two previous supervisors/teachers (including information on their relationship to the applicant).
- Overview of publications, if any.
- Applicants are also invited to send PDF of PhD or MS thesis (in any language) and any other relevant publications if available (max 5 documents).
Application link: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/637800