Degree: BS, MS
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Spring-2022
The AI research group at Washington State University is looking for two fully-funded PhD students for Spring-2022 (If you are in US, Fall-2021 is also possible). CS/ECE students with strong mathematical background are strongly encouraged to apply. The group conducts fundamental research in AI and ML for important real-world applications in diverse science, engineering, and industrial domains. The group currently consists of 8 PhD students and 2 undergraduate researchers.
– Robust machine learning
– Sequential decision-making under uncertainty including reinforcement learning methods
– Weakly supervised learning and domain adaptation / transfer learning
– Human-in-the-loop learning methods
– Machine learning for optimization
– Strong motivation
– Solid background in mathematics
– Strong programming skills
– Good writing/presentation skills
Application information can be found at https://lnkd.in/gEFTubH We don’t require GRE.
Please contact Dr. Janardhan Rao ( Jana ) Doppa ([email protected]) regarding any questions w.r.t the open PhD positions. Students from both ECE and CS backgrounds are welcome to apply.
Professor’s home page: https://eecs.wsu.edu/~jana/