Degree: Master or Diploma Degree
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open until filled
Modul University Vienna´s Department of Tourism and Service Management seeks outstanding candidates for joining its research team as a PhD candidate. Modul University combines a strong academic foundation with state-of-the-art curricula and a commitment to innovation and sustainability.
We are seeking a researcher/lecturer with a strong background in quantitative research methods and demonstrated research interest and skills in tourism and service management. Successful candidates should have the background and skills to teach within our programs at the undergraduate level, whereby expertise in Interactive Marketing, Hotel Business Development or Sustainable Tourism is particularly welcome. The fully-funded PhD Scholarship covers four years. It allows students to take courses and conduct doctoral research leading to the dissertation, while also teaching in the undergraduate program.
The position is available as of September 2021, for four years. Successful candidates will be enrolled in MU´s PhD in Business and Socioeconomic Sciences and use about 50% of their working hours (40h/week) for their PhD studies. The starting salary is EUR 25,000 gross (annual teaching load: two units, @45 min per unit, of weekly teaching). From the 2nd year onwards, the salary increases to EUR 32,800 gross with an annual teaching load of six units. Additional allowances are available; tuition for the PhD program (EUR 11,250 per year) is covered by Modul University Vienna.
- A completed Master or Diploma Degree (by September 2021) in a field of the social sciences, business, tourism and/or hospitality management, statistics, information systems, or a related discipline.
- Excellent analytical skills and evidence of the potential to undertake cutting edge research and scholarship.
- Excellent written and spoken English (German is not a requirement as English is the working language). The minimum scores are TOEFL: 100 Internet based test (IBT) with no individual section score less than 20; or IELTS: overall band score between 7 and 7.5 with no sub-score below 6.0. The Admissions Committee may decide upon the recognition of other evidence of language skills.
We expect the successful candidate to
- Have a career ambition to conduct internationally recognized research.
- Enthusiastically engage in teaching undergraduate coursed.
- Assist in the general administration of the university.
For questions related to these positions contact the Dean of the PhD program, Prof. Ivo Ponocny ([email protected]). The position remains open until filled (review of resumes to begin end of May 2021).
Please send your complete application including cover letter, curriculum vitae, a motivation letter, two recommendation letters, academic transcripts, a statement of your research interest referring to any of the research profiles of MU Professors, and a statement of your teaching interests referring to one of the abovementioned teaching areas stating the reference “RLTSM0521” to [email protected] (in English; preferably as a single PDF file not exceeding 8 MB).