Scholarship: Fully funded
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: January 1, 2023 to December 31 2023
A full-time Postdoctoral Research Associate position is available in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Michigan State University under the supervision of Dr. Irene Xagoraraki. Strong molecular microbiology/environmental virology laboratory skills are desired for the position. The Postdoctoral Research Associate will work on a project focused on wastewater surveillance for identification of endemic and emerging disease. This is a highly collaborative project with City of Detroit, the local health departments, the Great Lakes Water Authority, and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. This position will involve molecular microbiology related laboratory work. The position will require strong communication and leadership skills and the ability to collaborate with scientists, engineers, and public health professionals on a fast-paced project. We are looking to fill the position ASAP. The duration is 1 year with the option of renewal for a second year based on performance.
- Environmental Engineering, Molecular Microbiology
- PhD degree in Environmental Engineering, Molecular Microbiology, Virology or a closely related field;
- Significant experience in molecular microbiology laboratory work;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work well in a team setting and be highly self-motivated.
Applicants are required to submit application materials (research statement, CV, two reference letters) online in the following website: https://careers.msu.edu/en-us/job/512848/research-associatefixed-term