Scholarship: Fully funded
Nationality: International Students
Location: Hong Kong
Application deadlines: Open
Dr Chu Hin is an Assistant Professor at the State Key Laboratory of Emerging Infectious Diseases, The University of Hong Kong, an Assistant Professor in the Department of Microbiology, The University of Hong Kong Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, and the Scientific Director of the Biosafety Level III Laboratory, Department of Microbiology, The University of Hong Kong Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine. He has published 146 papers with an h-factor of 48 and >27,000 citations on coronavirus pathogenesis. He has published 146 papers with an h-factor of 48 and a total of >27,000 citations in Nature, Lancet, Cell Host & Microbe, Nature Microbiology, Lancet Microbe, Cell Research, Nature Methods, Nature Communications, Science Advances and other journals. He has published more than 50 papers in journals such as Cell Reports Medicine, etc. He was ranked in the top 1% of the world’s most cited scientists by Clarivate Analytics’ Essential Science Indicators in 2021 and 2022, and as one of the world’s “Outstanding Young Scientists” by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Hong Kong and Macau) in 2021.
PI Department of Microbiology website profile: http://www.microbiology.hku.hk/02_HKU_Staff_Dr_Hin_Chu.html
- Emerging infectious diseases
- A strong passion for research, scientific rigour and interdisciplinary teamwork;
- Applicants should have a degree in virology, biological/biomedical sciences, bioinformatics or a related discipline.
- a CV (education, work experience, publications, honours and awards, etc.)
- a brief description of the main research methods, research results and the vision and objectives of the work after the appointment (Research Statement);
- Interested applicants should send a PDF of their CV by email to [email protected].