Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
The Hu Lab(http://www.neurosurgery.pitt.edu/research/brain-tumor-evolution-therapy-lab) is interested in genetic and epigenetic mechanisms. Our well-funded and diverse research team is an energetic and motivating environment for scientific growth to adopt an independent career. Candidates will involved in the evolution of brain tumors, including
- 1) creating various sophisticated models to understand tumor development, progression, and treatment resistance.
- 2) elucidating cancer-cell-intrinsic signaling communicating with the tumor microenvironment.
- 3) illuminating mechanisms governing cancer cell invasion and dissemination in the brain.
Candidates will be encouraged to develop their ideas in a fun and collaborative setting.
Biochemistry, cell biology, immunology, and/or cancer biology.
- Capable of working independently with appropriate supervision on assigned projects as well as in a team.
- Strong written and verbal skills in English are essential.
- Individuals with experience in the tumor microenvironment or brain tumor biology will be given preference. Experience in murine cancer models is a plus.
- Experience with bioinformatics and single-cell sequencing is preferred, but not necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with good organizational and analytical abilities.
- Motivated to pursue postdoctoral training required for a future independent academic career.
Candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to apply. Please email a detailed CV, cover letter, and contact information for 3 references to Dr. Baoli Hu ([email protected]).