Scholarship: Fully funded
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
The Deng research lab in the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology at IUPUI has two immediate openings for Postdoctoral Research Associate positions in synthetic organic chemistry/methodology development.
Applicants should possess a Ph.D. degree in Organic Chemistry or other relevant disciplines, and an excellent publication track record. The specific projects are part of an exciting research program funded by NIH focusing on the exploration of sustainable catalysis, photocatalysis andelectrochemistry for highly selective and efficient synthetic methodology development.
Consideration for the postdoc position will be given to candidates with a strong background in reaction methodology development, catalysis development and possess the following skills: small molecule synthesis, metal-complex preparation, column chromatography, analytical skills including NMR, GC, MS, HPLC, LCMS, IR, TLC, etc. Applicants should be scientifically driven and self-motivated individuals with the highest commitment to excellence in scholarship.
The duration of the initial appointment will be for one year. The position can be renewable based on research productivity, performance and funding.
IUPUI is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
Please refer to https://sites.google.com/view/denglaboratory for more information about Dr. Yongming Deng and the group.
The ideal candidate should:
- • Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry or related field
- • Experience with modern organic synthesis and associated techniques
- • Experience in catalysis development and metal-complex preparation
- • Expertise in modern analytical techniques including NMR, IR, GC, HPLC, LC-MS
- • Ability to mentor junior team members, and ensure the highest levels of laboratory safety
- • Excellent communication skills
- • Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
- • Ability to work under tight deadlines and short turnaround times
- • Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a Postdoc member at IUPUI
Contact Information for Candidates [email protected]