Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
The University of Miami (Coral Gables, FL, US) is one of the top research universities and academic medical centres in the United States and one of the largest private employers in South Florida. According to 20221 U.S. News, the University of Miami is ranked 55th among national universities in the United States. Miami is a major centre and leader in finance, commerce, culture, the arts and international trade. Miami is also known for its famous beaches, great weather, history, culture, sports and entertainment.
The laboratory of Prof. Fuwu Zhang in the Department of Chemistry is currently seeking 1 postdoctoral researcher and several visiting researchers in the field of polymer chemistry, drug delivery and nanomedicine. Our research interests are broadly in organic chemistry, polymer chemistry, drug delivery and nanomedicine, with a focus on the translation of polymer chemistry into functional nanomaterials for advanced disease treatment.
- Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Pharmaceutical Sciences
- The ideal candidate should have a strong background in organic/polymer chemistry, or in the fields of nucleic acid therapeutics and protein engineering.
- Prior experiences with cell-based assays and animal handling are strongly desired but not required.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for developing delivery systems of various therapeutic agents toward the treatment of cancer, diabetes, and other diseases.
- Other duties include, but not limited to, preparing research reports and technical papers for publishing, and mentoring graduate and undergraduate students.
- The successful candidate must be self-motivated, highly organized, and able to communicate efficiently in a multidisciplinary team.
To apply or request any further information, please send your CV, and research statement to Prof. Zhang at [email protected].