Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open until filled
The Postdoctoral Fellow will be expected to build a publication record including submissions to leading cancer biology journals; supervise rotating undergraduate, graduate and medical students; apply for internal and/or extramural funding; and attend national meetings that will help to build an international reputation.
The Department of Neurological Surgery at Northwestern University is seeking an outstanding Postdoctoral Fellow for expansion of fundamental aspects of glioblastoma immunology and translational research in the field of brain tumors immunotherapies. This position offers an opportunity to work in the NIH-funded lab of Dr. Catalina Lee-Chang.
The LeeChang lab has a strong translational emphasis and relies on patient tumor specimens and clinical data, well established mouse glioma models, next-generation sequencing data (sc RNA-seq), and cuttingedge technologies such as immunofluorescence multiplex. The Department of Neurological Surgery offers a nurturing environment for career development, a stimulating community of several brain tumor research labs, weekly conferences and seminars of interest.
Immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, cancer biology or related field
- Experience working with small animal models and mammalian cell culture
- Expertise in immunology-related basic techniques such as flow cytometry
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, maintain accurate GLP style recordkeeping, and collaborate effectively within a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare and present research at meetings and write scientific manuscripts in fluent English
- Strong murine and human immunology knowledge
- Preferred Competencies:
- Familiarity with next generation sequencing data and gene expression analysis (single-cell RNAseq)
- CRISPR, gene silencing and over-expression techniques
- Cloning and rescue of retroviral and lentiviral vectors
Interested applicants are invited to send a CV, a short research background and the contact details of three referees to Professor Lee-Chang at [email protected]