Degree: Ph.D. and/or M.D.
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
Siyuan Rao joined UMass Amherst, Biomedical Engineering Department in December 2020 and is currently an assistant professor in the Department of Biomedical Sciences and a core faculty member in the Neuroscience and Behavior Program. member in Neuroscience and Behavior Program.) Prof. Rao received his PhD in Materials Physics and Chemistry from Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics in 2015, and conducted postdoctoral research at MIT RLE and Simons Center for Social Brain from 2016-2020, and received grants from NIHK99/R00, Air Force Young Investigator Program, He has received funding from NIHK99/R00, Air Force Young Investigator Program, BBRF and other programs. Group website: www.syraolab.com
- Development of neuroengineering technology in the field of neuroscience, including but not limited to the use of magnetic materials, soft materials, nanomaterials.
- Recent graduates (postdocs) with an MSc/BSc background in chemistry, materials science, bioengineering, electrical engineering, neuroscience, genetic engineering or related disciplines (PhD students) and a PhD or upcoming PhD from a research background in the above disciplines. Experience in electrophysiology (patch-clamp) and neuroscience is a plus.
- high quality research results (postdoc) or laboratory research experience (PhD student)
- good ability to work independently and to conduct research
- good communication and written presentation skills
- Interested candidates should send their CV (including list of research results), cover letter and contact details of three referees to Prof. Rao at [email protected]. A preliminary screening will be conducted shortly followed by a video interview.