Nationality: International Students
Location: Hong Kong
Application deadlines: Open until position is filled.
Advanced Biophotonics Imaging Laboratory (http://www.bme.cuhk.edu.hk/yuan/) The Advanced Biophotonics Imaging Laboratory (ABI Lab) is a multi-disciplinary research team at Department of Biomedical Engineering, the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Our lab’s research focuses on developing:
(1) novel optical imaging technologies,
(2) imaging-guided intraoperative technologies, and
(3) advanced image interpretation and quantification technologies.
We are now seeking postdoctoral researchers with expertise in the following areas:
(1) Ophthalmic Optical Coherence Tomography imaging technologies;
(2) AI-assisted image processing technologies for retinal OCT.
- Optics, fiber optics, electrical engineering, physics, computer science, or other closely related fields
Desired candidates should have:
(1) a doctoral degree from either a HK’s local university, or a well-recognized non-local institution;
(2) background in optics, fiber optics, electrical engineering, physics, computer science, or other closely related fields;
(3) hands-on experience in any of the following areas: instrumentation, optical imaging/microscopy, image processing and deep learning; and
(4) good publication record (if any).
Successful applicants will be expected to work on developing
(1) OCT imaging systems, and/or
(2) advanced AI-assisted image processing technologies for translational ophthalmology applications. Postdoc fellows are also expected to mentor graduate students and junior researchers in the lab
Candidates with the passion to work on cutting-edge translational research are highly encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should directly contact Prof. Wu YUAN ([email protected]) with CV that contains education background, working experience, publication records, and a list of 2-3 referees. Applications are open until all positions are filled.