Scholarship: Fully-funded covers 4 years candidature
Degree: Bachelor or Masters degree
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: January 2022
The focus of this project is to design tissue scaffolds by advanced manufacturing methods (e.g. 3D bioprinting, electrospinning) to impart topographical signals and drug/gene/cell delivery to direct tissue regeneration. We are seeking an individual who is interested in designing and characterizing novel biodegradable, biocompatible tissue scaffolds with controlled drug/ gene/cell delivery capabilities to direct cell response and soft tissue regeneration, characterizing scaffold-cell/tissue interactions, engineering factors that control the rate and extent of drug/gene delivery and scaffold degradation.
This position offers a unique opportunity to apply tissue scaffold engineering and controlled drug/gene delivery skills to neural tissue engineering and stem cell engineering, through strong collaborative efforts with multiple local and overseas academic institutes.
The candidate will be given opportunities and is expected to design and execute experiments independently. The candidate is also expected to interpret experimental results, and author papers in high-quality journals in areas that are related to the research. The candidate should demonstrate excellent communication skills and should have a strong passion and commitment to science.
- Tissue engineering, scaffold design and drug/gene/cell delivery research
- GRE & TOEFL scores meeting NTU’s Ph.D. program requirements
- Experience in scaffold design, fabrication and characterization, evaluation of cellular response with scaffolds using imaging, and functional assays is a plus.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively orally and in written form.
- Strong ability to perform self-directed work.
- Strong organizational skills and proactive personality with outstanding motivation, creativity, critical and analytical thinking skills, strong scientific commitment and ability to work as a team.
Professor’s home page: https://personal.ntu.edu.sg/sychew
Review of applicants will continue until position is filled. Applicants should submit a cover letter indicating their area of interest and how they intend to participate and contribute to the research, complete curriculum vitae and addresses of three references to Dr. Sing Yian CHEW: [email protected]