Scholarship: At least HK$18,000 per month
Degree: B.S, M.S, PHD
Nationality: International Students
Location: Hong Kong
Application deadlines: Until the positions are filled
Dr. Maochun Wu is currently an Assistant Professor, President’s Young Scholar, PhD supervisor, and independent PI in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. He was promoted to Research Assistant Professor at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, HKUST in 2020. Dr. Maochun Wu joined the Department of Mechanical Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University in December 2021. Dr. Maochun Wu’s main research interests are in electrochemical energy storage, including solid-state lithium batteries, zinc-based batteries, and liquid flow batteries. In recent years, he has published several academic papers as first/corresponding author in Advanced Energy Materials, Nano Energy, Journal of Materials Chemistry A and other journals.
- Solid-state lithium batteries, zinc-air batteries, liquid flow batteries, zinc ion batteries, etc.
- Master’s students or outstanding undergraduates with majors in energy, chemical engineering, electrochemistry or materials, in principle, with undergraduate degrees from domestic double-class universities or QS top 500 universities, with weighted grades ≥ 85/100, or GPA ≥ 3.2/4.0.
- love scientific research, hard-working and have strong hands-on ability.
- English IELTS ≥ 6.5, with each score not less than 5.5; or TOEFL ≥ 80; or CET6 ≥ 650. If you do not have English scores at present, you may contact us first and submit them later.
- High-level research papers published by the first or second author are preferred (not a mandatory requirement).
Interested students are welcome to contact Dr. Wu by email: [email protected]. Please indicate “PhD/RA application-Your name” in the subject line. Please attach your CV, weighted transcripts, academic papers (if any), and a brief description of your academic background and research interests.