Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
The Institute is located within the Houston Medical Center, the largest in the United States and the fourth largest in the nation. Our laboratory focuses on the study of the self-renewal mechanism of stem and tumour cells, epigenetic mechanism and its application in cancer prevention and aging treatment.
Details can be found at the lab link: https://ibt.tamu.edu/centers/translational-cancer-research/tsai-lab/index.html
Candidates with theoretical knowledge and practical skills in bioinformatics and a PhD in related fields or relevant work experience are welcome to apply, and knowledge or training in basic biostatistics, tumour cells or epigenetics is preferred.
- theoretical knowledge and practical skills in bioinformatics are preferred (including sequence comparison, sequence assembly, gene identification, gene recombination, protein structure prediction, gene expression, protein response prediction, etc.);
- good knowledge of at least one programming language (R, Python, Linux, etc.), experience in big data analysis preferred;
- Experience in biostatistical analysis and high-resolution microscopic image analysis is preferred;
- good oral and written English language skills, proficient in reading English literature;
- good academic ethics, learning ability, independent working ability and team spirit.
You are welcome to send your CV, testimonials, references and other application materials in English to [email protected].